Monday, August 7, 2017

When Jesus Christ Was Baptized

This week Jordan was baptized and confirmed a member of the church! I am so grateful to have been able to be part of Jordan baptism saturday. He had asked me to give the talk on baptism. Wow. He has grown so much. I am so full of joy for him - I am so proud of him. It is such an incredible feeling to have been able to teach someone and see them through to baptism. It is such a wonderful experience. I remember when I was taking the lessons and I wonder if the Missionaries saw such a profound change in me in that short time. It is my most sincere desire that he will never forget how he felt after his baptism. He and his family mean so much to me. 
We had our first lesson this week with another part member family! Brother Kinder is so prepared. You can just see the spirit beam in him as we talk. He truly understands that After Baptism he will be able to be sealed to his wife. He is so in love with her and he truly has the desire to begin making covenants with God. It is truly incredible. Most of the ward doesnt realize he isnt a member. The bishop always says he is more active than most of the Elders Qurum and he is also already an active home teacher for an older woman in the ward. He always make sure she rides with them to church. When her temple reccomend expired he notified the Bishop. I am always so humbled by Mike Kinder. He is truly so Christlike. 
Sister Goeller is being transfered a bit early to Flemming Island to serve with Sister Ganir. Sister Prue will come from there to be my new companion until the end of the transfer! I am really going to miss sister Goeller.  I have learned so much from her. I do really love Sister Prue and I know it will be a great week or so! I know that there is so very much I will be able to learn from her. We have served around eachother the past two transfers and I am excited to be her companion! I have no idea what will happen at transfers. I know that Whatever happens it will be inspired and It will be so great!
I love being a missionary so much. It is such a blessing to be able to serve the Lord, my Mission President and my Companions. I have learned so much about myself and my savior. Thank you all for all the support you have given me!

Y'all be blessed!

Pictures to come!

Sister M. Leona Spangler
Florida Jacksonville Mission 
March 2017 - September 2018






Ps. Not sure if you can tell, but there is certainly a gator in the water there!  😁

No comments:

Post a Comment